I thought I'd share a couple more pictures with you of my Barrel of Monkey's collaboration. It's coming along nicely, with only a few "tear outs" and "start overs". It is freeform, like my first cuff.
I did tear out the blue surround I had originally placed along the outside edge of the pin. I found it interferred with the flow of beading, although I've come to regret that decision as it did provide a nice termination for the the beadwork. I'm basically following the lines of the fabric with some modification to add interest and movement.
You can see that I could not resist adding fringe around the pin. In my defense (although there really is none) I was seeing a gap when I bent the bracelet around my wrist (where I had removed the blue surround). I wanted to know if the fringe would cover that gap. Of course it did (I knew it would but needed the excuse to fringe away). I love the fringe and it would look spectacular on a pendant, I'll have to hunt down more of the teardrop shaped beads. Unfortunately the fringe does make beading in the immediate area difficult, so avoid adding fringe until you're finished with the beading in the immediate area of your focal (do as I say, not as I do).
You can also see I've added eyelets to the outside edge. I'm going to use ultra-suede lace for this bracelet's closure. Not only does it add to the whimsy, it allows for some flexibility in sizing. I'm on the hunt for a cinch button. I have a couple that will work, but I'm still looking for the perfect one.
I have a long way to go, but it's a fun project and definitely outside of my normal beading. These are becoming addictive and I have plans for at least three more.